Parmesan Crusted Tilapia

Seafood is hands down my favorite meat to cook (and eat!) because it takes no time and I'm a bayou baby, that's what we do! So one day when I was browsing Pinterest I came across this recipe for Parmesan Crusted Chicken but I was in a fishy mood so I decided to try it some tilapia I had in the freezer. 


This recipe was pretty straightforward so it only took about 15 minutes from prep to plate! So to get started dump all your dry ingredients on a plate and mix it up 


Crack your egg into a bowl and whip that up


This was my first time trying the dry-wet-dry method in the oven, it's heaven on fried goodies like wings! But it turned out awesome, so first place the filets in the breadcrumb mixture and coat it

*admittedly this filet was dunked in egg first by accident lol, I was getting ahead of myself!*

Then dip them in the egg wash and get it nice and eggy! Oh and don't be like me, use a fork or tongs if you have them lol I'm always making a mess


Finally dip them back into the breadcrumb mixture and make sure everything's coated


Then place the filets in a lightly greased or lined baking dish or cookie sheet. I used a cookie sheet and a little grill plate so that they'd brown all over evenly


Drizzle a little olive oil on them and pop them in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness. 


They're done when they flake easily, are white on the inside and golden brown!


Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
serves 2

4 tilapia filets
1 1/2 C breadcrumbs
1/2 C Parmesan cheese
1 egg
1-2 T olive oil
Seasoning to taste (I used Tonys and garlic powder)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425. Line or grease a cookie sheet or baking dish for the fish

2. Combine breadcrumbs, cheese and seasonings on a plate and mix thoroughly. Crack egg into a bowl and whip until combined.

3. One at a time place each filet into the breadcrumb mixture first, egg wash then back into the breadcrumb mixture. 

4. Place filets on baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.

5. Bake fish in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and white on the inside.

0 comments:

Post a Comment