Blackened Chicken


Another recipe starring my beloved boneless, skinless chicken breast! This is one of my boyfriends' favorite dishes and it was at his request that I made a post about it!

This chicken cooks up in no time so it's perfect for those nights when you just don't know what to make! Plus I'm willing to bet you already have everything you need in your cabinet.


Blackened Chicken

1 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 T melted butter
2 t each of: Rosemary leaves, basil, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper
1 t of cayenne pepper
1 T Tonys (or your favorite season-all type seasoning)

Directions

First heat a skillet with oil or butter over med-high heat 

Then combine all your seasonings on a plate or container and mix it up


Dip your chicken into the melted butter to coat it


Next dip it into your seasoning mix and make sure it gets evenly covered on both sides


Place the chicken in the skillet and cook until done. This dish creates a lot of smoke when I make it so it may be wise to use your vent! 


I made this tonight with my cucumber-avocado salsa and leftover bean salad, it was AWESOME!



0 comments:

Post a Comment