Stuffed Potatoes


Stuffed potatoes is alwaysssss in heavy rotation in my kitchen because I usually always have the ingredients on hand and it's a snap to make! It's also super versatile! 



When I first started making these, I made them with shrimp, like I was taught by my mom but one time I didn't have shrimp, so I used chicken and haven't looked back since but you could also try broccoli or black beans for a meatless meal! The cheese used is also interchangeable I sometimes use mozzarella, cheddar or a three cheese blend and even Parmesan, it really just depends on what I have in the fridge. I don't usually serve sides with these, just two potato halves or three if I'm hungry but you definitely can add some veggies like broccoli (my fav) or a salad. Oh and did I mention it's low-calorie? AND you can control your caloric intake by omitting or using less of certain ingredients like butter and cheese. Win win!


So first, bake your potatoes, the old fashioned way in the oven OR poke some holes in them and throw them in the microwave for 5-10 minutes depending on their size. I always start with 5 minutes then do 3 minute increments until they're done.

While your potatoes are cooking, go ahead and get your meat cooked

Once your potatoes have cooked and cooled, cut them in half and start scooping the inside out, but make sure to leave a layer on the inside of the peel or it'll be too weak to hold your stuffing.


Dump all your potato filling in a bowl and mix in your cheese, butter, milk (or sour cream, which I like better) and seasoning 


Then fold your chicken into the stuffing mixture


Scoop the stuffing into your potatoes, sprinkle a little cheese on top and throw them in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese melts and enjoy!



For 2 servings of two halves each I used 

1 boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into chunks)
2 potatoes (Idaho and russets are best for baked potatoes)
Cooking oil
~2-3 T butter
1/4 C sour cream (or milk)
~1/3 C cheese plus some extra for topping 
Salt and pepper or Tonys 

1. Preheat your oven to 450. Wash and prick your potatoes then microwave them  until done (5-10 minutes)

2. Heat a skillet over medium heat, add cooking oil and when hot add chicken and cook until done. 

3. When potatoes have cooled, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out potato filling, leaving a thin layer on the inside

4. Combine potato filling, butter, sour cream, cheese and chicken in a bowl and mix until butter is melted

5. Scoop stuffing into potato peels and top with cheese

6. Bake 10 minutes, uncovered or until cheese is melted and enjoy!


Hope you try it and love it! Aren't fast and easy recipes the best? =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment