Crispy Oven Fries

I came up with this recipe a while ago after hours of reading other people's recipes for oven baked French fries. I try my best to eat pretty healthy so I'm always looking for alternatives to my favorite fatty foods lol!



So after my eyes starting burning from staring at my phone screen I got up and headed to the kitchen. I wasn't equipped with a full recipe just what I saw most recipes had in common: thinly cut fries, an egg wash, a coating. Everything else just kinda happened, so here's what you need




Crispy Oven Fries
makes 2 servings

1 large potato (Idaho and russet are best)
1 egg
~1/2 C bread crumbs
Seasoning
Oil

Directions

Preheat your oven to 400. Wash your potato and cut into slices lengthwise then into ~1/4 in fries. I have a natural cut slicer to do this for me, it's so awesome and was only $5 from Big Lots


Crack the egg into a bowl and whip. Pour the bread crumbs and seasoning into a separte bowl or plate and mix.


Dip fries into egg wash and let excess run off then coat with breadcrumbs


Lay fries on a cookie sheet making sure to not overcrowd them


When all fries have been breaded, drizzle a little oil over them to help them crisp up


Bake for 10 minutes or until bottom of fries have browned, then flip and bake another 10 minutes until nicely browned


When you remove the fries place them on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil and enjoy!






0 comments:

Post a Comment